WMD is currently supporting the following missionaries and ministries in El Salvador:
- Workers: Ana Silvia Valencia, Liss González
- In 1985 Ana founded Escuela Cristiana para Sordos (Christian School for the Deaf) in San Salvador. Liss served there for many years as a key administrator. The school is focused on preparing Deaf students for mainstreamed high school. As of June 2013 WMD is no longer able to direct support to students or programming at the school.
- Ana and Liss are engaged in developing new initiatives focused on 3 main areas:
- education for Deaf children in a different part of El Salvador
- providing for the needs of Deaf graduates in areas of Christian discipleship, leadership training and vocational training
- networking and advocacy for the Deaf and seeking to develop more interpreters.
- In February 2014, Ana and Liss announced the formation of MCIS - Ministerio Cristiano Internacional para Sordos (International Christian Ministry for the Deaf), to be inaugurated March 22, 2014.
- Support opportunities: missionary support for Ana and Liss; project support as the new initiatives are developed
Ana Silvia Valencia